What makes a literate person? According to Diane Ravitch, Research Professor of Education at the Steinhardt School of Education at New York University, there are certain works of literature with which one should be familiar. She along with her son Michael have edited “The English Reader: What Every Literate Person Needs to Know” (Oxford, 2006). Professor Ravitch will be our guest this hour.
- Dan Patrick's Spokesman: 'The Position For Mr. Dewhurst Is Rather Hopeless'
- Texas Bullet Train Failed Before, But New Plans Are Full Speed Ahead
- Texas Unemployment Rate Falls To 5.7 Percent, A Five-Year Low
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- TV's Gloria Campos On Her Last Night In The Anchor Chair And 'A Turning Point In My Life'
- 'Kids For Cash' Captures A Juvenile Justice Scandal From Two Sides
- Catching Kayla: Running One Step Ahead Of Multiple Sclerosis
- A Frat Of Their Own: Muslims Create A New Space On Campus
- Daylight Saving Time: Set Your Clocks Ahead Tonight
- Malaysian Jetliner Has Been Missing For More Than 24 Hours; Search Goes On
- SXSW: Kleon, Silver and Simmons on collaboration, vision and the ‘genius myth’
- SXSW: How Technology Can Help Reshape The Museum
- Kimbell Acquires Multi-Million Dollar Dutch Landscape To Match Its Dutch Seascape
- SXSW: Julian Assange Beams Into Austin
- SXSW: Keeping data secure, possible ‘killer apps’ and more
Saturday, March 8, 2014