Are environmentally conscious materials and building techniques practical for making the average home more efficient? In this encore presentation, we discuss sustainability in residential housing design with Gary Cunningham, Founder and President of Cunningham Architects, and Don Gatzke, Dean of the School of Architecture at the University of Texas at Arlington. In the Art&Seek segment, we’ll talk with artist James Magee, whose handmade, ongoing project “The Hill” is an art and architectural installation in the desert near El Paso. An exhibition of Magee’s medium to large-scale relief sculptures, “Revelation: The Art of James Magee,” runs through November 28th at the Nasher Sculpture Center.
- ‘The Fortress of Solitude’: Making A Musical Out Of Superheroes And Soul Music
- Days Filled With Grief For Family Of Man On Missing Flight
- Study Up For 'Think': Your Turn To Throw Tomatoes At Local Critics
- Edward Snowden Gets Hero's Welcome At SXSW
- When Fewer Than 20% Of Freshmen Finish High School Ready For College, What's The Answer?
- A Magnet For African Migrants, Italy Seeks A New Approach
- You Might Pay A Lot More Than $95 For Skipping Health Insurance
- After A Downturn, Global Shipping Bets Big On Everything
- Detainee Lawyer Calls Force Feeding In Guantanamo 'Water Cure' Torture
- In Closely Watched Election, Republican Jolly Wins In Florida
- Growing Before Your Eyes: Richard Linklater’s Stars Age During 12 Years Of Filming.
- VIDEO: A Look At The SXSW Eco Light Garden
- Art&Seek Jr: 7 Solutions For Your Spring Break Staycation
- Fasten Your Seat Belts. Dallas Arts Week Is Coming.
- The High Five: Attorney General Asked to Weigh In On Plastic Bag Ban
Wednesday, March 12, 2014