Assistant Program Director, KXT 91.7
KXT is looking for an Assistant Program Director with a strong knowledge of theTriple A format, a passion for music, and a minimum of three years on-air experience (public radio preferred). Strong writing skills and creative social media skills are a plus. This is a rare opportunity to help shape one of the most listened to Triple A stations in the country.
- Helps develop, produce, and manage special on-air programming and regular features, including in-studio performances and interviews across platforms.
- Reviews shows from program suppliers for possible broadcast on KXT.
- Plays a central role in writing and coordinating on-air promotions.
- Hosts a daily DJ shift and appears at station promotional events.
- Works across departments to plan and execute member concerts and other special events.
- Assists Program Director with general content, maintains partnerships with the music industry and schedules music.
- Participates in and assists with the planning and production of on-air fundraising campaigns.
- Creates and posts music and programming related content on the KXT Music Blog and on social media
- Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver and self-starter with sound judgment and the ability to complete multiple tasks on deadline in addition to the following:
- Passion for the mission of public broadcasting
- Strong affinity for the music played on KXT 91.7
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related field
- Three years of professional experience as an on-air talent at a Triple A station
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external contacts
- Familiar with audio production, and comfortable with Selector or other comparable scheduling software
- Experience with Wheatstone, Enco or other comparable integrated radio operations systems is required
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Office applications
- Experience with digital and social media is preferred.
NTPB offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package based upon professional experience and achievement.
How to Apply
Please provide a 1) resume; 2) cover letter summarizing professional accomplishments and qualifications relative to the position; and 3) how you found out about this position. Please submit this information as you prefer:
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to: 214-740-9323
- Mail to: Human Resources, KERA, 3000 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, Texas 75201
North Texas Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer