Chief Financial Officer
KERA, the public broadcasting organization for Dallas/Fort Worth, has a unique opportunity for a highly qualified leader to join the KERA team as Chief Financial Officer. Serving the country’s fifth-largest media market, KERA reaches more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA 90.1 FM, Triple-A music station KXT 91.7 FM, an award-winning local news division, robust arts unit Art&Seek, and a constellation of digital properties, including kera.org, keranews.org, kxt.org and artandseek.org. For more than 50 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a vibrant destination for community engagement and lifelong learning.
KERA is currently seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer who values the mission of public media and has demonstrated the ability to lead financial functions in a non-profit environment.
- Prepare and present financial updates to executive management and the Board of Directors
- Interface with the Investment Committee, Financial Committee and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- Oversee all the accounting, financial and related reporting functions of the organization
- Manage tax compliance with regard to federal, state and local requirements and respond to regulatory authorities as may be required
- Lead the budgeting process for the organization
- Oversee long term and short term investments
- Take responsibility for strategic planning with regard to overall fiscal operations, and particularly for long range capital expenditures that will impact KERA’s ongoing operations
- Oversee and assist with software and databases that track and report the Company’s financial position and membership data
- Ensure timely completion of processes to make certain all regulatory, including FCC, and internal reporting requirements are met
- Ensure timely completion of required CPB reports and implementation of required processes and notice postings on the KERA website
- Meet with department heads to monitor budgets and stay informed of expected cash inflows and outflows and budget variances
- Monitor compliance with GAAP financial reporting guidelines and stay informed of the most up-to-date pronouncements and regulatory changes that would impact the Company’s financial reporting processes
- Review and update documentation and enforce internal control policies and procedures related to finance
- Act as primary liaison with outside counsel on legal matters and review/approve contracts on behalf of the Company
- Oversee the Underwriting (Corporate Business Development) process/results which is an outsourced function
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior financial operations role, with a minimum of 3 years as a CFO
- Significant experience in working with a board of directors and its related finance, audit and investment committees
- Outstanding communication skills with the demonstrated ability to write, speak and present in an effective manner
- Strategic planning and execution strengths that include being pro-active and visionary
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including excellent organizational, planning and listening skills
- Solid management experience and the ability to manage diverse teams with a can-do and teamwork-oriented approach
- A servant – leader who sees this role as a support to the entire organization and works in close collaboration with all members of the business
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and MS Office suite
- Possesses impeccable character and honesty
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration.
- CPA required
- MBA a plus
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Experience working in a public media organization
- Familiarity with the requirements of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as it relates to public media
- Familiarity with the requirements of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB)
- Proficiency in reading, writing and use of English required
- Excellent skill sets in math and mathematical concepts
- Extensive knowledge in the use of spreadsheets
Analytical ability to gather, organize and interpret data, to identify discrepancies, problems or issues, to seek appropriate advice as needed and to make rational and prudent decisions based on knowledge and the information available.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a resume and a cover letter summarizing professional accomplishments and qualifications relative to the position. Please state how you found out about the position. Submit this information as you prefer:
E-mail to: [email protected]
Fax to: 214-740-9323
Mail to: KERA, Attn. Human Resources,
3000 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, Texas 75201.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package based upon professional experience and achievement.
North Texas Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.