Data Manager/Report Developer
KERA, the PBS and NPR affiliate of North Texas, is a not-for-profit public media organization reaching the fourth-largest population area in the United States through KERA-TV, KERA 90.1 FM and music station KXT 91.7. For over 50 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a vibrant destination for community engagement and lifelong learning. KERA produces original multimedia content, carries the best in national and international public television and radio programs, and provides online resources at a constellation of websites, including kera.org, keranews.org, kxt.org and artandseek.org. We currently seek a Data Manager /Report Developer to join our team. This position reports directly to the Vice President and Controller in the Accounting and Finance Department.
The successful candidate will have experience in report development, data analysis, be proficient in SQL query writing and SSRS and have a strong background in business analysis. The Data Manager /Report Developer is responsible for the design and management of all fundraising data systems, which may include record creation/maintenance, data quality monitoring, interfaces and data entry procedures to minimize user error/data inconsistencies, collaboration with staff in designing and deploying data reports, and integration of data between databases and web-enabled resources. This position functions as the primary liaison with data services vendors, including but not limited to the Blackbaud (Team Approach) Data Management /Report Services Team. The Data Manager /Report Developer makes recommendations regarding business practices and policies related to implementation of all database resources and leads cross-departmental technology efforts to address issues relating to the standardization of data entry, and development of reports and data exports that meets the needs of the organization. This position is also responsible for assisting with transitional activities, such as migration to other systems or platforms.
- Collect, summarize, analyze data and to provide reports for departments to utilize in decision making and measuring results.
- Perform data validation to ensure accuracy of reports.
- Provide technical leadership and best practices in design, development and deployment of data models.
- Gather business and technical requirements in order to produce high quality requirements documents.
- Work effectively with infrastructure team on user access, server administrations and trouble shooting.
- Create queries to provide ad hoc reports, analysis, and datasets based on business needs.
- Trouble shoot data issues, validate result sets, recommend and implement process improvements.
- Coordinate/lead data entry staff (2) to ensure the timely and accurate workflow of information into the development database.
- Ensure that data entry staff is cross-trained in critical database activities and procedures.
- Understand the organization’s operational goals and take action to align technical goals with operational needs.
- Work to streamline routine processes and ensure that all data requirements are being met.
- Acts as primary development software “subject matter expert” for this system.
- Establish and maintain the system efficiently and respond to end users report requests in a timely manner.
- Develop/maintain accurate reconciliation procedures with the Finance Department and produce required reports on time.
- Ensures the Data Services Department is compliant with IRS and Texas state charitable giving regulations, PCI Compliance / credit card processing mandates, and KERA internal policies.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar or related function.
- Solid understanding of the principles of data management and business process workflow.
- Business Analyst skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Professional with advanced skills in Word, Excel and Access.
- Knowledge and experience using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Programming language with the ability to create queries, scripts and reports.
- Knowledge of building dashboards, scorecards, and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibilities, goals and projects.
- Determination to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to troubleshoot software problems.
- Is organized, detail-oriented, accurate and efficient with good project management skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Blackbaud’s Team Approach.
- RiSE experience (iMIS’s Web Development Platform).
- IQA experience (iMIS’s Intelligent Query Architect).
- Business Object design experience a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a 1) resume and 2) cover letter summarizing professional accomplishments and qualifications relative to the position. Please also state how you found out about this position. Submit this information as you prefer:
Email to: [email protected]
Fax to: 214-740-9323
Mail to: Human Resources, KERA, 3000 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75201
KERA offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package based upon professional experience and achievement.