North Texas Public Broadcasting (NTPB), the Dallas/Fort Worth member station for National Public Radio (NPR) and the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) is a not-for-profit public media organization, serving a regional population of over 6 million people, the fifth largest media market in the United States. NTPB produces original multimedia content, carries the best in national and international public television and radio programs, and provides online and mobile resources. NTPB operates KERA TV, KERA FM, KXT 91.7 and the websites kera.org, kxt.org and artandseek.org. Over two million people access NTPB’s programs and services each week.
KERA, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Development Coordinator for NTPB’s fundraising and donor relations activities. The Development Coordinator will value the mission of public media and will bring demonstrated experience in conducting the full range of responsibilities related to coordinating all of the details required to ensure Development goals are successfully met and exceeded.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Work closely with KERA Database and Membership team to proactively manage donor records to ensure accurate tracking of all donor activities.
• Assist the Development team in creating and managing database reports that support fundraising and stewardship initiatives.
• Conduct research on prospects or donors and document this research in the database and in Microsoft office applications like Word and Excel. Create accurate and comprehensive written donor profiles.
• Work closely with KERA Digital Media team to update and manage Development’s comprehensive webpage and online presence, including but not limited to online donation messaging, online donor recognition and event photos for donors to access.
• Work closely with KERA Marketing and Communications team to manage any social media and digital Development support.
• Assist in the creation and execution of Development communications, including but not limited to basic layout/photo editing for e-communications, compiling and writing content for donor acknowledgement letters and creating formats for internal Development reports.
DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Vice President of Development with preparing for donor visits and meetings by creating collateral material packets that include but are not limited to donor giving history, KERA engagement and short bio summaries.
• Enter database interaction entries on behalf of the Development team.
• Calendar management of Development team to expedite scheduling of requested meetings.
• Assist the Development team in mail fulfillment, including but not limited to creating and preparing mailing lists, preparing and executing mail merges, etc.
• Assistance with other Development or organizational meetings/events, as required.
SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE EXECUTIVE OFFICE
• Assist the President and CEO with preparing for donor visits and meetings by creating collateral material packets that include but are not limited to donor giving history, KERA engagement and short bio summaries.
• Enter database interaction entries on behalf of the Executive Office and the Board.
• Assist with set-up, execution and breakdown of meetings for the Executive Office and/or the Board, as requested.
SPECIAL EVENTS RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Director of Donor Relations in preparing for and managing special events, including but not limited to drafting event timelines and assisting with vendor relations and volunteer management.
• Manage the RSVP call line and the event communications process, e.g., confirmations, changes in even details, etc.
• Create and manage donor attendee profiles before an event.
• Create and organize event collateral such as event signage, programs, name tags, seating cards, place cards, etc.
• Assist with managing all travel and hospitality arrangements for talent.
• Assist with day-of event execution from beginning to end.
• Assist with following up on vendor invoices and payments. Assist with post-event reports.
• Manage master event calendar to assist with minimizing event date crossover with major competing internal and external events.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain Development in-house stock inventory, including but not limited to postage, mailing collateral, event supplies, office supplies.
• Must be able to work evening and weekends, as required.
• Assist with cross-departmental event support, as needed.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• A Bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years of successful related experience for non-profit organizations.
• Exemplary customer service and written/expressive communication skills. Confident with written, phone and face-to-face interactions with high-profile individuals.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented in order to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities and deadlines, and to timely execute accurate data reports that support fundraising and stewardship initiatives.
• Flexible and adaptable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Proven ability to work well as part of a team and independently, with little supervision. Able to diplomatically discern work priorities, problem solve, make decisions and meet critical deadlines.
• Professional interpersonal and social skills suitable to working with wide range of stakeholders.
• Must have valid driver’s license and be willing to travel in the North Texas metro area.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide a 1) resume; and 2) cover letter summarizing professional accomplishments and qualifications relative to the position. Please also state how you found out about this position. Submit this information as you prefer:
- Email to: [email protected]
- Fax to: 214-740-9323
- Mail to: Human Resources, KERA
3000 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, Texas 75201
North Texas Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer