Manager of Membership Communications
KERA, the public broadcasting organization for Dallas/Fort Worth, has a unique opportunity for a highly qualified leader to join the KERA team as Manager of Membership Communications. Serving the country’s fifth-largest media market, KERA reaches more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA 90.1 FM, Triple-A music station KXT 91.7 FM, an award-winning local news division, robust arts unit Art&Seek, and a constellation of digital properties, including kera.org, keranews.org, kxt.org and artandseek.org. For more than 50 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a vibrant destination for community engagement and lifelong learning.
KERA is currently seeking an experienced Manager of Membership Communications who values the mission of public media and has demonstrated the ability to lead and grow exceptional fundraising programs.
The successful candidate will bring a track record of proven fundraising experience and revenue achievement through fundraising communications. The Manager of Membership Communications thrives in a fast-paced setting, motivates and mentors others, and fosters creative approaches to achieving membership growth and philanthropic goals. This position reports to the Vice President of Membership.
The Manager of Membership Communications:
- Maximizes fundraising opportunities and results through the existing mail program (acquisition, lapsed, renewals, add-gifts), online communications, e-fundraising and sustaining memberships for multiple properties.
- Develops compelling messaging for multiple communication platforms (mail, digital, newsletters) across multiple properties for targeted audiences –KERA TV, KERA 90.1, KXT 91.7 – to achieve fundraising goals.
- Executes a communications strategy to identify and target prospects in the mid-level giving range to advance and grow this donor segment with a pipeline for upgraded giving.
- Manages a series of communications efforts around optimizing the sustaining membership program.
- Provides direction and daily management of the membership communications and related staff to achieve membership goals.
- Achieves fundraising efficiencies to maximize resources.
- Analyzes and evaluates program performance and trends in order to achieve strategic fundraising objectives.
- Coordinates with consultant and vendor contracts to meet service and performance objectives.
- Manages two direct reports – a Membership Administrative Assistant and a Digital Fundraising Coordinator.
- This position requires an energetic, creative and self-motivated individual with a background in non-profit fundraising, especially in the area of individual gifts and specifically membership programs.
- Five or more years of experience in a membership and/or applicable fundraising or marketing program, preferably in public media or other non-profit sector.
- Superior leadership, organizational and management skills.
- Demonstrated experience with results-oriented marketing and communications techniques that have effectively engaged and motivated audiences.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce communications for a variety of formats.
- Ability to work in partnership with diverse teams of volunteers, staff members, donors and community members.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and initiatives.
- Experience with a donor database software system is required (Team Approach is used by the station).
- Possesses the analytical skills necessary to evaluate program performance and trending.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A strong personal appreciation for the value of public media and knowledge of public media’s programs and services.
How to Apply
Please provide a resume and a cover letter summarizing professional accomplishments and qualifications relative to the position. Please state how you found out about the position. Submit this information as you prefer:
E-mail to: [email protected]
Fax to: 214-740-9323
Mail to: KERA, Attn. Human Resources, 3000 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, Texas 75201.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package based upon professional experience and achievement.
North Texas Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer