On-Air Fundraising Coordinator
North Texas Public Broadcasting
KERA TV, KERA FM 90.1 and KXT FM 91.7
KERA, the PBS and NPR affiliate of North Texas, is a not-for-profit public media organization reaching the fourth-largest population area in the United States through KERA TV, KERA 90.1 FM and music station KXT 91.7. For nearly 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a vibrant destination for community engagement and lifelong learning. KERA produces original multimedia content, carries the best in national and international public television and radio programs, and provides online resources at a constellation of websites, including kera.org, keranews.org, kxt.org and artandseek.org.
KERA/KXT’s Membership Department is currently seeking a creative and detail-oriented individual for the position of On-Air Fundraising Coordinator. This position provides assistance in the planning and coordination of all on-air fundraising campaigns for KERA FM, KERA TV, KERA CREATE TV and KXT FM. There are 11 fundraising drives (approximately 160 fundraising days) per year, which accounts for approximately 25% of the stations’ annual revenue. Under the direction of the On-Air Fundraising Manager, this position will coordinate campaign details and elements of drive planning and execution. In addition, this position will work closely with KERA’s Audience and Member Services team to manage and develop premiums and station-branded items for fundraising. This position also will work directly with KERA’s call center vendor and coordinate with KERA’s digital team to ensure a seamless and excellent donor/user experience. Reports to On-Air Fundraising Manager.
- In close consultation with the On-Air Fundraising Manager, coordinates many aspects of on-air campaigns, including writing and producing, creating and fulfilling premiums (thank-you gifts), call center coordination, donation portal coordination, staff engagement, training, scheduling and associated communications.
- Assist the On-Air Fundraising Manager in recording and analyzing historical data to devise fundraising plans and strategies.
- Stays current on best practices to integrate new ideas and new initiatives to drive revenue growth.
- Effectively engages diverse perspectives and experiences in work product and in organizational interactions, including communication and decision-making.
- Demonstrates respect for others in all workplace relationships and interactions.
- Maintains high standards of journalistic ethics and excellence.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and improve systems, processes and approaches and organize complex schedules as well as capacity to establish and meet realistic deadlines.
- Ability to compose and edit clear, engaging and compelling copy for written fundraising and member cultivation.
- High degree of comfort in and passion for technology. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other software systems (CRM and call-center portal, for example).
- Ability to independently structure workflow, as well as to solicit, process and absorb information and change focus quickly.
- Resiliency to stay calm and focused during periods of high activity/competing priorities.
- Ability to be receptive to feedback regarding fundraising work.
- Personal accountability and strong performance with a steadfast attention to the details.
- Commitment to advancing a diverse and inclusive working environment and work product.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours during fundraising campaigns.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Equivalent of 2 years full time experience in event or project management or other position requiring complex organizational skills.
- Listening, speaking, writing, presentation, collaboration and conflict resolution skills to work closely and effectively with colleagues across departments, including during times of high stress.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and improve processes.
- Leadership ability or demonstrated leadership skills, including personal accountability and ability to influence without authority.
- Experience working with technology and the ability to learn /effectively use complex databases or other software packages.
- Ability to work at computer for extended periods of time.
- Lift/carry/sort material routinely weighing 10 pounds and, occasionally, up to 25 pounds.
- Membership/donor database experience.
- Public radio and or TV experience.
- Web and social media fundraising experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a 1) resume; and 2) cover letter summarizing professional accomplishments and qualifications relative to the position. Please also state how you found out about this position. Submit this information as you prefer:
- Email to: [email protected]
- Fax to: 214-740-9323
- Mail to:
Human Resources, KERA
3000 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, Texas 75201
North Texas Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.