KERA FM Spring 2017 Membership Campaign Official Rules
Support KERA 90.1-FM with a donation during the Spring Member Campaign, beginning Wednesday, April 19, 2017, and you’ll automatically be entered into all remaining drawings for the Spring Member Campaign. For official rules and information on entering the drawing(s), read the Official Rules below.
- No purchase or other monetary consideration is necessary to enter or to win.A DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SEE RULE 3 TO FIND OUT HOW TO ENTER WITHOUT MAKING A CONTRIBUTION.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the yvetdrawings are open to legal residents of the 50 states of the U.S. (including the District of Columbia), who must be 18 or older. Employees and current Board of Directors of KERA/KXT/North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc., and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with the above, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
- How to Enter. One entry per person. Individuals who make a contribution by calling 888-694-6931, or going online to www.kera.org, and making a contribution will automatically be entered into the drawing(s). Individuals can elect to enter the contest without making a contribution here and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions. Multiple contributions or entries will not increase one’s odds of winning.
- Winner Selection, Notification, Odds and Acceptance. One (1) Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The Winners will be notified at the telephone number or email address provided on the winner’s entry form. Winner’s failure to timely respond to notification, and/or the inability of KERA to reach a winner at the telephone or email address listed on his or her entry form may result in disqualification and selection of a substitute winner. The odds are determined by the number of entries received.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including without limitation the Internet, and for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
The Winner will be announced on the air on KERA 90.1-FM after the winner is notified. Winner may waive his or her right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. If the Winner is not available to redeem the prize on the dates specified by KERA-KXT, he or she may be disqualified and would forfeit all interest in the prizes and a substitute Winner may be selected by KERA-KXT in its sole discretion. If the winner chooses not to accept the prize it may result in the selection of a new winner. No substitutions allowed by Winner.
- Taxes and Fees. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners are responsible for payment of all tax obligations. All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided such as reservation fees, taxes, insurance and other expenses incurred by accepting the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of KERA-KXT. KERA-KXT reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Drawing(s) as solely determined by KERA-KXT. In the event the Drawing(s) is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of KERA-KXT which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Drawing(s), KERA-KXT reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Drawing(s). Should the Drawing(s) be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, KERA-KXT reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the problem began.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Sponsorship. KERA-KXT is the sponsor of the all Drawings. KERA-KXT reserves the right to change, alter, add or update drawings at any time. The decisions of KERA-KXT regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Drawing(s) shall be final and binding in all respects. KERA-KXT will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Drawing(s).
- Prizes Description, Fair Market Value and Entry Deadlines. All entries must be received by the date and time listed to be considered for that drawing. KERA-KXT will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, or late entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failure or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or KERA-KXT. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of KERA-KXT and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by KERA-KXT in its sole discretion, and KERA-KXT reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the drawing(s).
- Trip to London to Tour the BBC–One (1) winner will receive a travel prize package for two (winner + one guest) to visit the BBC in London within one year of the entry date. FMV $5,000 , deadline – 4/21/17 at 8pm
This prize package includes:
- Two (2) BBC Broadcast House VIP Tour passes (Dates TBD; retail value up to $100)
- Two (2) round trip airline tickets (economy class on an airline selected by Sponsor) to travel from the continental US to London, UK (Dates TBD; retail value up to $3,000)
- Three (3) nights lodging for two at a hotel (to be selected by Sponsor) in London (one room; retail value up to $2000)
- Prize retail value is $5,000 (approximate; actual prize value will depend on the actual flight and lodging values).
- Prize excludes any and all other expenses associated with the use of the travel prize package, including but not limited to meals, parking, ground transport, luggage overage fees, gratuities, room service and personal charges, and any other incidental expenses.
- Taxes and expenses as a result of winning this prize are the responsibility of the Winner. Prize is nontransferable. Winner will receive delivery of the prize as arranged by Sponsor. Tickets must be used in compliance with the policies of the hotel, airline, and BBC Broadcast House policies. Prize use is the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- Season Tickets for Two in the Orchestra Terrace section to all opening night performances of ATTPACs Broadway 2017-2018 Series + Parking! Shows include: Fun Home, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The King and I, The Humans, Bright Star, Riverdance 20, and Jersey Boys. + Opening night performances to remaining ’16-’17 Season shows: Something Rotten, & Finding Neverland FMV $1,000, deadline – Monday, 4/24/17 at 9am
- Alamo Drafthouse Black Card—entitles free movies for 2 people for one entire calendar year.
FMV $1300, deadline – Wednesday, 4/26/17 at 9am
- FINAL DRAWING: Rick Steves’ 7-Day European City tour choice of London, Paris, or Rome + round trip airfare for two from DFW international Airport. Tour must be in Fall of 2017 or Spring of 2018. Travel arrangements must be completed by 6/15/17. FMV – $5,000 – $8,000 depending on Tour / Location, deadline – As soon as the KERA 90.1 Spring 2017 On-Air Member Campaign is completed.