Fridays, 1 to 2pm on KERA Radio
Science Friday is a weekly science talk show, broadcast live each week on KERA Radio. The program focuses on science topics that are in the news, and tries to bring an educated, balanced discussion to bear on the scientific issues at hand. Panels of expert guests join Science Friday‘s host, veteran science journalist Ira Flatow, to discuss science and take questions from listeners during the call-in portion of the program. Recent episodes of the program are also available on demand via the Science Friday podcast (see below).
Official site »
Latest Episodes On-Demand
- SciFri: China Shoots ‘Jade Rabbit’ Rover to the Moon
BBC science editor David Shukman talks about the motivations behind China's moonshot.
- SciFri: The Simpsons’ Secret? It’s Written by Math Geeks
The secret behind <em>The Simpsons</em> math jokes? A writers’ room full of ex-mathematicians.
- SciFri: Would More Technology Mean Safer Trains?
Seventy thousand miles of track will need to be outfitted with "positive train control" technology by 2015.
- SciFri: Speech Science: Tongue Twisters and Valley Girls
Unraveling the speech patterns behind tongue twisters and Valley girls. . .and boys.
- SciFri: Dissecting America's $3 Trillion Medical Bill
Steven Brill discusses "Bitter Pill," his investigation of skyrocketing healthcare costs.