Fridays, 1 to 2pm on KERA Radio
Science Friday is a weekly science talk show, broadcast live each week on KERA Radio. The program focuses on science topics that are in the news, and tries to bring an educated, balanced discussion to bear on the scientific issues at hand. Panels of expert guests join Science Friday‘s host, veteran science journalist Ira Flatow, to discuss science and take questions from listeners during the call-in portion of the program. Recent episodes of the program are also available on demand via the Science Friday podcast (see below).
Official site »
Latest Episodes On-Demand
- SciFri: Battling HIV, Using a Body’s Own Immune Cells
Researchers are exploring a new approach to fighting HIV infection by genetically modifying a person’s own immune cells to be resistant to the virus.
- SciFri: Delving Into the Security of an Internet of Things
As more devices come online, is enough attention being given to security and privacy?
- SciFri: Where Do Sea Turtles Go During Their ‘Lost Years’?
Biologists crack the case of sea turtles’ “lost years” with a little help from a nail salon technician.
- SciFri: Michio Kaku Imagines ‘The Future of the Mind’
In "The Future of the Mind," physicist Michio Kaku predicts big advances for our brains.
- SciFri: ‘Particle Fever’ Captures the Excitement of the Higgs Discovery
<em>Particle Fever</em> takes filmgoers behind the scenes of physics’ big breakthrough: the discovery of the Higgs Boson.