For official rules and information on entering the Trip to London and Highclere Castle raffle, read the Official Rules below.
1. Must purchase a raffle ticket. Tickets are $100 per ticket. A DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Raffle tickets are $100 each and only 1,500 will be sold. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the 7-day trip with travel dates from July 19th to July 26th for 2 to London, England, (“A Trip to London and Highclere Castle”) is open to Texas residents who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and current Board of Directors of KERA/North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc., and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with the above, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren. Also members of the NTPB Board of Directors and NTPB Community Advisory Board and any immediate family members residing with them are not eligible to participate.
3. How To Enter. Individuals who call 214-740-9285, or go online to www.kera.org/tripraffle, and purchase a raffle ticket will be entered in the contest. Individuals can elect to enter the contest by completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions, or by hand-printing your name, address, city, state and zip code, day & evening telephone number (including area code), date of birth and e-mail address on the official sign up sheet in the lobby of KERA, 3000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75201 and purchasing a raffle ticket. A Trip to London and Highclere Castle will end at noon on February 26th, 2014. All entries must be received by that date and time. KERA will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, or late entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or KERA. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of KERA and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by KERA in its sole discretion, and KERA reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Prize Description. The Winner will receive a 7-day trip for 2 to London, England with travel dates from July 19th-July 26th with a fair market value of $8,390. This amount, less $100 cost of winning raffle ticket, is taxable income to the winner. If the Winner is not available to redeem the prize within 5 business days from the deadline for entering the drawing (12p.m. on February 26, 2014), he or she may be disqualified and would forfeit all interest in the prize and a substitute Winner may be selected by KERA at its sole discretion. If winners choose not to accept the prize it will result in the selection of a new winner.
5. Winner Notification, Winner Selection, Odds and Acceptance. One (1) Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The Winner will be announced, on the kera.org website and on the air on KERA 13 at the following time/date: March 5th, 2014, in the evening. The Winner will also be notified prior to website and on-air announcements at the telephone number or email address provided on the winner’s raffle ticket. Winner’s failure to timely respond to notification, and/or the inability of KERA to reach a winner at the telephone or email address listed on his or her entry form may result in disqualification and selection of a substitute winner. Winner may waive his or her right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by Winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and KERA reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prior to trip, winner must remit cash payment of $2,321 to satisfy 28% of U.S. common tax withholding. Airfare taxes and preferred seating expenses are responsibility of the winner. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of personal delivery or date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in the Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Persons traveling as guest of the Grand Prize Winner must also sign any affidavit or release that KERA may require. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including without limitation the Internet, and for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by an eligible winner in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of KERA. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Only 1,500 tickets will be sold.
6. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of KERA. KERA reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Raffle as solely determined by KERA. In the event the Raffle is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of KERA which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Raffle, KERA reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Raffle. Should the Raffle be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, KERA reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the problem began.
7. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
8. KERA. The decisions of KERA regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of A Trip to London and Highclere Castle Raffle shall be final and binding in all respects. KERA will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Raffle.
In addition, the following apply to A Trip to London and Highclere Castle:
1. Winner must be 21 or older.
2. Winner is responsible for deposits, reservation, cancellation and consultation fees associated with the trip (if applicable).
3. The Winner and guest are responsible to have a current, valid Passport for international travel.
4. Winner is responsible for airfare taxes, preferred seating and any additional airfare expenses.
5. Other than those specified in the final itinerary, winner is responsible for all meals.