Administrative Assistant — Finance
North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc, dba KERA, the PBS and NPR affiliate of North Texas, is a not-for-profit public media organization reaching the fifth-largest media market in the United States through KERA TV, KERA 90.1 FM and music station KXT 91.7. For nearly 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a vibrant destination for community engagement and lifelong learning. KERA produces original multimedia content, carries the best in national and international public television and radio programs, and provides online resources at a constellation of websites, including kera.org, keranews.org, kxt.org and artandseek.org. KERA has an immediate opportunity for a highly qualified individual to join the KERA team as an Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant position provides timely and organized administrative support for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the Accounting and Finance Department. This position works on a variety of tasks related to the CFO’s working life and communication and will assist the Accounting and Finance department team with certain administrative tasks associate with the accounting and financial reporting process. This position will assist the CFO by managing calendars; coordinating Board meeting materials and committee meeting arrangements; preparing reports; drafting correspondence and mailings; filing and working on special projects, as assigned. In addition, duties will include timely processing of financial transactions and reconciling reports. The Administrative Assistant requires strong computer and Internet research skills. S/he will be detail oriented and possess excellent professional verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate also will have the demeanor to engage with all levels of Management and staff, as well as the Board of Directors. Good judgment is essential to planning, prioritizing and organizing a diversified workload, and discretion and tact regarding confidential matters is absolutely required.
Ultimately, a successful Administrative Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of the office of the Chief Financial Officer and the Accounting and Finance Department.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assists Chief Financial Officer with scheduling and organizing activities, such as Board committee meetings, travel, conferences and department activities.
- Assists in the preparation of materials for meetings, particularly Board of Directors and various Board Committees.
- Prepares materials as assigned, including but not limited to correspondence, formatting, data entry, working on spreadsheets and developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintains and updates efficient documentation and filing systems for CFO and Finance and Accounting Department. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Organizes and prioritizes information and calls; maintains CFO’s contact lists.
- Receives incoming correspondence and determines timely distribution and handling
- Generates general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, expense reports, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Takes responsibility for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- May act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies. Handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Prepares routine accounting entries
- Reconciles monthly financial statements
- Assists with catering and arrangements for a variety of meetings. Responsible for the set-up and breakdown of catered functions, including Board Committee meetings overseen by the CFO.
- Provides back-up front lobby receptionist duties.
- Perform business-related errands.
- Attendance and assistance at company-sponsored events, including weekends and evenings, may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or related
- 1-3 Years of proven experience in support of a CFO and/or Accounting/Finance Department
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Analytical thinker with great attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent communication skills; high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated, Self-starter; Willing to learn and adapt to changing/multiple priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information with the utmost integrity
- Personable with a commitment to providing the highest level of “customer service”
- Demonstrates high integrity and poise
- Well organized, accurate, dependable, attentive to details, and capable of multi-tasking
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and insurance required for assignments/activities that involve work outside of the office. Must maintain a clean driving record.
- BS/BA in Business Administration or related
- Non-profit experience
- Experience with Financial Edge accounting software or similar accounting software
- Experience with Tessitura Network or Web-based CRM platform
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job with the ability to legally drive. The employee is sometimes required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a 1) resume; and 2) cover letter summarizing professional accomplishments and qualifications relative to the position. Please also state how you found out about this position. Submit your information via one of the contact methods below.
- Email to: [email protected]
- Fax to: 214-740-9323
- Mail to: Human Resources, KERA, 3000 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, Texas, 75201
North Texas Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer