Audience and Member Services Associate
North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc., the PBS and NPR affiliate of North Texas, is a not-for-profit public media organization reaching the fifth-largest media market in the United States through KERA-TV, KERA 90.1 FM and music station KXT 91.7. For over 50 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a vibrant destination for community engagement and lifelong learning. KERA produces original multimedia content, carries the best in national and international public television and radio programs, and provides online resources at a constellation of websites, including kera.org, keranews.org, kxt.org and artandseek.org.
The Audience and Member Services Associate provides the highest standard of customer service to our KERA TV, FM & KXT audience with particular attention to KERA and KXT membership. This is achieved via efficiently responding to inquiries with thorough, thoughtful information, keeping detailed notes in membership records, and keeping all relevant back-end A&MS processes operating in a timely and organized fashion.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Serves as primary contact for KERA members/customers/donors – Processes donations and gift memberships via phone calls to Member Services. Handles issues regarding Sustaining Member payment updates and one-time donation payment declines, personal information changes in the member database, duplicate mailings, duplicate member accounts, and requests for replacement Member Reward Cards and tax receipts via phone and email. Works directly with constituents regarding critical issues and responses. Consistently codes and accurately documents all member and non-member activity in Tessitura CRM database.
• Serves as primary contact for KERA Passport – Provides Passport information and instructions and assists with basic technical support
• Assists with issues regarding premiums (thank-you gifts) including, researching lost items, individual member gift requests, ticket holder Will Call, and occasional packing of items to mail
• Independently researches and responds to audience issues/inquiries through ProTrack, PBS Connect, NPR.org, PRI.org, etc. Keeps up to date information about on-air, pledge, and membership offers and contact information for underwriters
• Assists with gathering audience information/feedback for weekly reports to internal departments
• Fills in on staff rotation as switchboard/receptionist relief in main lobby
• Performs related duties as assigned by management
• Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Ability to communicate clearly with audience members and KERA staff
• Consistently strive to provide the highest level of service to the customer
• Capacity to be patient, positive, professional, and personable while managing customer concerns and resolving issues
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including the internet
• Ability to spot issues and use good judgment to resolve problems; solution-oriented
• Motivated, self-starter with the capability of working independently
• Adaptable to changing/multiple priorities
• Excellent organizational skills
• Detail oriented – ability to manage multiple situations with accuracy
• High School graduate or equivalent required; some college preferred
• Valid Texas Driver’s License and insurance required for assignments/activities that involve work outside of the office. Must maintain a clean driving record.
• Knowledge of the non-profit sector
• Prior experience in a customer service environment
• Experience with donor relations
• Experience using donor management/customer-relationship management software highly preferred; experience with Tessitura a plus.
• Experience working in a fundraising department of a non-profit organization.
• Public broadcasting experience is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a 1) resume; and 2) a cover letter summarizing professional accomplishments and qualifications relative to the position. Please also State how you found out about this position. Submit this information as you prefer to:
• Email to: [email protected]
• Fax to: 214-740-9323
• Mail to Human Resources, KERA, 3000 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75201
North Texas Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer