KXT Host / Operations & Production Coordinator
North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc, dba KERA, the PBS and NPR affiliate of North Texas, is a not-for-profit public media organization reaching the fifth-largest media market in the United States through KERA TV, KERA 90.1 FM and music station KXT 91.7. For nearly 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a vibrant destination for community engagement and lifelong learning. KERA produces original multimedia content, carries the best in national and international public television and radio programs, and provides online resources at a constellation of websites, including kera.org, keranews.org, kxt.org and artandseek.org. We have an immediate opportunity for a highly qualified individual to join the KXT team as a KXT Host/Operations & Production Coordinator.
This position hosts live and voice-tracked programming across the week. Additionally this position maintains the automation of the station, the ENCO database, and produces spots for KXT air. This person also fills in with KERA 90.1 board operation duties and helps record/edit/mix the KXT Live Sessions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Host live and voice-tracked programming.
- Ensure the integrity and operation of the KXT ENCO automation systems & data base.
- Act as a liaison between KXT Programming and Engineering departments.
- Trouble shoots equipment issues.
- On call 24/7 for any KXT operational failures.
- Produce all on air spots for KXT.
- Record, edit, and mix KXT Live Session series, as needed.
- Participate in KXT on air fund drives.
- Assist programming, operations, and membership staff to ensure successful on-air drives for both KERA-FM and KXT.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Radio production and broadcast skills, with experience using digital control room, studio, broadcast, and editing and content management systems, such as ENCO, Adobe Audition CS6, Wheatstone network system and audio control consoles, IP-based interconnection equipment, and Burli CMS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work successfully as part of a team, and collaborate with internal and external contacts
- Creative problem solver and self-starter, with sound judgment and the ability to complete multiple tasks precisely and on deadline
- A demonstrably good ear for music that both fits the noncommercial public radio Triple A format, and helps build a significant and loyal audience.
- College degree in media, broadcasting, music or a related field of study, or at least 3 years professional experience in broadcasting, audio and multimedia production or a related field
- Knowledge of FCC rules and requirements
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and insurance required for assignments/activities that may involve work outside the office. Must maintain a clean driving record.
- Background in performance/ public speaking
- Knowledge of AAA format & associated music
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job with the ability to legally drive. The employee is sometimes required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide a 1) resume; 2) cover letter summarizing professional accomplishments and qualifications relative to the position and 3) an air-check. Please also state how you found out about this position. Submit your information via one of the contact methods below.
- Email to: [email protected]
- Fax to: 214-740-9323
- Mail to: Human Resources, KERA, 3000 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, Texas 75201
North Texas Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer