Marketing Campaign Coordinator (Contract/Part-Time)
North Texas Public Broadcasting
KERA TV, KERA FM, and KXT 91.7
North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc., the PBS and NPR affiliate of North Texas, is a not-for-profit public media organization serving the country’s fifth-largest media market. KERA reaches more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA 90.1 FM, Triple-A music station KXT 91.7 FM, an award-winning local news division, robust arts unit Art&Seek, and a constellation of digital properties, including kera.org, keranews.org, kxt.org and artandseek.org. For more than 50 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a vibrant destination for community engagement and lifelong learning.
KERA is seeking a creative, enthusiastic, self-motivated Marketing Campaign Coordinator to execute an awareness and usage campaign supporting KERA’s Art&Seek. The Marketing Campaign Coordinator will work closely with members of the Marketing & Communications and Art&Seek teams to execute social media and outreach campaigns, as well as assist with digital content editing. This position is part-time and will be employed on a contract basis. The Marketing Campaign Coordinator will work an average of 20-25 hours per week for up to 25 weeks. The Marketing Campaign Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing.
- Develops and executes a paid social media campaign strategy to increase use of and engagement with Art&Seek’s digital content and drive traffic to artandseek.org.
- Tracks all project analytics on an ongoing basis, including marketing campaign metrics, content production, audience insights, budgets, etc. Produces regular progress reports for management.
- Develops communications with Art&Seek partner organizations, including the creation of partner toolkits.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Proven advanced skills in writing, copy editing and proofreading. Impeccable use of grammar, spelling, punctuation and AP style is a must.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in a marketing role, with experience such as developing marketing content, coordinating email campaigns and social media marketing.
- Experience implementing both paid and organic social media campaigns for a brand. Strong command of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube platforms, including knowledge of each platform’s analytics tools and demonstrated creative approach to social media content.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines with quality work and attention to detail. Project management experience a plus.
- Understanding of a range of marketing analytics (e.g. audience insights for broadcast, print and digital media) and demonstrated ability to generate clear analytics reports.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with a variety of team members, including content creators, marketing staff, senior managers, external agency representatives and partner organizations.
- Enthusiasm for arts and culture and the mission of public broadcasting.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and insurance required for assignments/activities that may involve work outside the office and/or operating the company vehicle.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, business administration is recommended.
- Experience with and/or working knowledge of email marketing (Wordfly, Emma), content management systems (WordPress, Drupal), and/or CRM’s (Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce) is preferred.
- Some graphic design, photography, video/audio editing skills are a plus, as is a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop).
- Previous experience with public media, arts or nonprofit organizations is preferred.
The individual must have the ability to safely and successfully perform the essential functions of the job and to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for extended periods of time at a desk and computer; stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls and to type on a keyboard; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear; use office equipment and machinery effectively. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Position operates in a temperature controlled office environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide the following materials:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (journalistic preferred; about 500-750 words)
- Five sample social media posts showcasing how you would share Art&Seek content on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram
In your cover letter, please also state how you found out about the position. We thank you for your interest. Please note that only applicants who meet the qualifications as stated can be considered.
Submit this information as you prefer:
E-mail to: [email protected]
Fax to: (214) 740-9323
Mail to: KERA, Attn. Human Resources, 3000 Harry Hines Blvd. Dallas, Texas 75201
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package based upon professional experience and achievement.
North Texas Public Broadcasting – KERA – is and Equal Opportunity Employer.