This hour, we’ll talk about how cotton and the labor that fueled it led to the Texas revolution – and about how Texas provided a blue print for the Confederacy – with UNT assistant history professor Andrew Torget.
Think, with host Krys Boyd, features in-depth interviews with compelling guests, covering a wide variety of topics ranging from history, politics, current events, science, technology and trends to food and wine, travel, adventure and entertainment.
KERA Radio: Monday-Thursday, 12-2pm and 9-11pm
This hour, we’ll talk about the extent to which the Tony-winning musical has rewritten history and altered our understanding of its namesake.
This hour, we’ll talk about how war photographers tell stories of conflict through their images with a panel of Pulitzer Prize-winners: David Hume Kennerly, Carol Guzy and David Leeson.
This hour, we’ll talk about strategies for paying for college and about how much debt is reasonable to take on with Ron Elsenbaumer, interim provost and vice president for academic affairs at UT-Arlington; and Cynthia Butler, executive director of financial aid for Dallas County Community College District.
This hour, we’ll talk about how a Mexican drug cartel turned a boy into a feared assassin – and about what such transformations say about the perilous prospect of growing up on the border – with Dan Slater.
This hour, we’ll talk about the founder of the Southwest Voter Registration and Education Project with Hector Galán, director of the PBS documentary “Willie Velasquez: Your Vote Is Your Voice,” which airs Oct. 3 on KERA-TV.
This hour, we’ll talk with Ann Patchett about her new book, “Commonwealth,” which tells the story of how a chance romantic encounter ripples through two families over multiple generations.
This hour, we’ll talk about why ADHD diagnoses are on the rise – and if there’s cause for concern – with Alan Schwarz, author of “ADHD Nation: Children, Doctors, Big Pharma, and the Making of an American Epidemic.”
Full bio »
@kerathink on Twitter
- ICYMI: Why Doctors Are So Quick To Diagnose ADHD https://t.co/xKETeGyZZy https://t.co/FgGWsoWL3S, Sep 24
- RT @gamookie: We live with our history and work to make the world better to rectify it. https://t.co/TWFYkdyAPF, Sep 23
- RT @craig3010: Interesting read on the real downfall of the Republic of #Texas. https://t.co/hiVEGtrPKO, Sep 23
- RT @WilliamHogeland: .@RESullivanJr's and I discussed #Hamilton and #history with @krysboydthink on @kerathink today. Podcast here: https://t.co/mjZA8Mk6pC, Sep 23
- RT @UNTnews: Missed #UNT prof Andrew Torget's discussion on @kerathink about his book? Listen to it here: https://t.co/2XBSmqRBEw, Sep 23