This hour, we’ll talk about how many in the white working class have come to feel disenfranchised with George Mason University’s Justin Gest. He’s the author of “The New Minority: White Working Class Politics in an Era of Immigration and Inequality.”
Think, with host Krys Boyd, features in-depth interviews with compelling guests, covering a wide variety of topics ranging from history, politics, current events, science, technology and trends to food and wine, travel, adventure and entertainment.
KERA Radio: Monday-Thursday, 12-2pm and 9-11pm
This hour, we’ll talk about how the kidnapping has affected families – and about ongoing efforts to rescue the remaining students – with Helon Habila, author of “The Chibok Girls: The Boko Haram Kidnappings and Islamist Militancy in Nigeria”
This hour, we’ll talk about how nearly every element of casinos is designed to keep the player playing with John Rosengren. His story “How Casinos Enable Gambling Addicts” appears in the December issue of The Atlantic magazine.
This hour, we’ll talk about how the octopus and its close relatives were likely the first to develop a complex nervous system – and about how that evolution took place independent of land animals – with City University of New York professor Peter Godfrey-Smith.
We’ve narrowed down to our favorites, and we want you to help us choose the shows we’ll hear during “Best of Think Week,” Dec. 26-29. Voting ends Dec. 16.
This hour, we’ll talk about how to deal with conflict directly with Dr. Tim Murphy, co-author of “Overcoming Passive-Aggression: How to Stop Hidden Anger from Spoiling Your Relationships, Career, and Happiness.”
This hour, we’ll talk about strategies for working on one task at a time – and about how we can block out the interference that keeps us from getting things done – with Adam Gazzaley, director of the Neuroscience Imaging Center at UC-San Francisco.
This hour, we’ll get practical advice for stretching our dollars from David Pogue. His newest book is called “Pogue’s Basics: Money – Essential Tips and Shortcuts (That No One Bothers to Tell You)”
Full bio »
@kerathink on Twitter
- RT @JohnRosengren: Talking about my Atlantic article https://t.co/DSaNrJgjrl https://t.co/hY7KtCg6vz, 2 hours ago
- RT @bryant_rf: @keratx @krysboydthink @kerathink fingers crossed for "Rolling in the Deep" By far your most interesting topic this year!, 2 hours ago
- 3 Ways Slot Machines Trap Gamblers: https://t.co/TI5C9xYZnZ @JohnRosengren, 15 hours ago
- RT @lhmenking: Gotta go with @YanagiharaHanya! Brilliant woman meets brilliant woman to create brilliant #pubradio. @krysboydthink… https://t.co/fJMBqRbfaG, 17 hours ago
- RT @Sainsha: Peter Godfrey-Smith is taking his octopus show on the road; currently on air on @keratx @kerathink. #🐙, 21 hours ago