This hour, we’ll talk with the prolific German filmmaker about “Aguirre, the Wrath of God,” “Fitzcarraldo,” “Grizzly Man” – and his newest effort, “Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World.”
Think, with host Krys Boyd, features in-depth interviews with compelling guests, covering a wide variety of topics ranging from history, politics, current events, science, technology and trends to food and wine, travel, adventure and entertainment.
KERA Radio: Monday-Thursday, 12-2pm and 9-11pm
This hour, we’ll talk with Katherine Newman, provost and professor of sociology at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She’s the co-author of the new book “Reskilling America: Learning to Labor in the Twenty-First Century.”
This hour, we’ll talk about why hate groups form, what they hope to accomplish and how they’re being monitored with Mark Potok of the Sothern Poverty Law Center, which recently published its Hate Map.
This hour, we’ll discuss the recent U.S.-backed Saudi intervention in Yemen this hour with Andrew Cockburn. His article “Acceptable Losses” appears in the current issue of Harper’s Magazine.
This hour we’ll talk about how the election and the next president will affect America’s role in the world. Our guests are writer Ben Fountain, who’s been reporting on the election for The Guardian and Jeffrey Engel, who directs the Center for Presidential History at SMU.
This hour, we’ll talk about the how society might handle people living to be hundreds of years old – and how life-extending breakthroughs can be evenly shared – with Eve Herold, author of “Beyond Human: How Cutting-Edge Science Is Extending Our Lives.”
This hour, we’ll talk about the scientists who risk their lives studying venom – and how their research is helping to produce live-saving drugs for humans. We’ll be joined by science journalist Christie Wilcox, author of “Venomous: How Earth’s Deadliest Creatures Mastered Biochemistry.”
This hour, as part of KERA’s American Graduate initiative, we’ll talk about how we can help young people process the many issues that contribute to these violent acts with a panel of child psychologists.
Full bio »
@kerathink on Twitter
- At noon we talk with iconic filmmaker @wernerherzog about his latest documentary, "Lo and Behold." https://t.co/AAeM3Bp0SY, 9 mins ago
- There Are 84 Active Hate Groups In Texas, The Most Of Any State https://t.co/zh1KAIflzL https://t.co/xQ7VlJjlBM, 16 hours ago
- Up next we're talking hate groups with @splcenter's Mark Potok. Join us at KERA 90.1. https://t.co/1kOs6Ytlg5, 23 hours ago
- The US and Saudi Arabia have a complex relationship. @ 1p we talk with @andrewmcockburn who wrote about the alliance in @Harpers., 24 hours ago
- The US has 892 hate groups & guess which state has the most. At 12p we'll talk with Mark Potok about why they form. https://t.co/QnM0OpDkeS, Aug 30