Community Discussion Guidelines
KERA supports a discussion community online. To encourage civility and create an environment that encourages participation, KERA sites will follow these general community policies:
- Comments will be moderated by the site managers and reporters after they are submitted. We will post comments made on the substance of the material or news presented, including critical observations, allowing the readers and the author to respond to a comment in the open.
- We appreciate the news tips members of the public send us. However, KERA reserves the right not to publicize rumors, allegations, conspiracy theories and other information which we know to be false or unsubstantiated.
Moderators reserve the right to refrain from posting any comment that:
- includes personal information (i.e., phone numbers, addresses) of someone mentioned in the comment
- is promotion or spam
- is an obvious form letter or petition from a campaign or advocacy group to encourage an action, like calling your representative
- is a personal attack
- includes profanity, name calling, libel, defamation or other derogatory language aimed at a person, organization or place