KERA FM Membership Contest Rules
KERA FM WINTER / JANUARY 2020 MEMBERSHIP CAMPAIGN OFFICIAL RULES
HOW TO ENTER
Becoming a member during the campaign automatically puts your name in the hat for the prizes. You can become a member online or call 888-694-6931.
- No purchase or other monetary consideration is necessary to enter or to win. A DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SEE RULE 3 TO FIND OUT HOW TO ENTER WITHOUT MAKING A CONTRIBUTION.
- Subject to the additional restrictions below, the drawings are open to legal residents of the 50 states of the U.S. (including the District of Columbia), who must be 18 or older. Employees and current Board of Directors of KERA/KXT/North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc., and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with the above, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
- How to Enter: One entry per person. Individuals who make a contribution by calling 888-694-6931, or making a contribution online, during the contest’s drawing windows, will automatically be entered into the drawing(s). Individuals can elect to enter the contest without making a contribution here and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions. Multiple contributions or entries will not increase one’s odds of winning.
- Winner Selection, Notification, Odds and Acceptance: Winners will be selected by random in drawings from among all eligible entries received. The winner will be notified at the telephone number or email address provided on the winner’s entry form. Winner’s failure to timely respond to notification, and/or the inability of KERA to reach a winner at the telephone or email address listed on his or her entry form may result in disqualification and selection of a substitute winner. The odds are determined by the number of entries received.
- Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including without limitation the Internet, and for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
- Winner may waive his or her right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. If the winner is not available to redeem the prize on the dates specified by KERA/KXT, he or she may be disqualified and would forfeit all interest in the prizes and a substitute winner may be selected by KERA/KXT in its sole discretion. If the winner chooses not to accept the prize it may result in the selection of a new winner. No substitutions allowed by Winner.
- Taxes and Fees: Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners are responsible for payment of all tax obligations. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided such as reservation fees, taxes, insurance and other expenses incurred by accepting the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of KERA/KXT. KERA/KXT reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this drawing(s) as solely determined by KERA/KXT. In the event the drawing(s) is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of KERA/KXT which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the drawing(s), KERA/KXT reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the drawing(s). Should the drawing(s) be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, KERA/KXT reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the problem began.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- KERA/KXT is the sponsor of the all drawings. KERA/KXT reserves the right to change, alter, add or update drawings at any time. The decisions of KERA/KXT regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the drawing(s) shall be final and binding in all respects. KERA/KXT will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the drawing(s).
- Prizes Description, Fair Market Value and Entry Deadlines: All entries must be received by the date and time listed to be considered for that drawing. KERA/KXT will not be responsible for incomplete, lost or late entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failure or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or KERA/KXT. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of KERA/KXT and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by KERA/KXT in its sole discretion, and KERA/KXT reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the drawing(s).
Prize: DALLAS SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA TICKET PACKAGE
» Prize includes a package of four (4) premium orchestra tickets to six select shows performed by the Dallas Symphony Orchestra in their 2019/2020 season. Three winners will be chosen throughout the day. Packages include a variety of classical, pops, and special programs.
» Drawing window: Monday, January 6, 2020 – Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.
» FMV (fair market value): $2,500 (each prize)
Prize: INNINGS FESTIVAL VIP TICKETS
» Prize includes two (2) VIP tickets to Innings Festival in Tempe, Arizona, a spring training celebration with Dave Matthews Band, Weezer, Portugal. The Man, Death Cab for Cutie and many more! Also, catch appearances by MLB alumni, Jim Thome, Trevor Hoffman, and more! Prize includes roundtrip air fare for 2 from DFW and a 3-night hotel stay. Click here to learn more about the festival.
» Drawing window: Monday, January 6, 2020 – Friday, January 10, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.
» FMV (fair market value): $1,600
Prize: STUDIO MOVIE GRILL 2020 ANNUAL PASS
» Enjoy a year’s worth of movies for you and a friend thanks to Studio Movie Grill! Prize includes free movie passes for two at Studio Movie Grill for 2020. Card can be used once only for each film title, some studios have restrictions for certain films. More information on restrictions available here.
» Drawing window: Monday, January 6, 2020 – Monday, January 13, 2020 at 12:00 a.m.
» FMV (fair market value): $988
Prize: HIGH HOPE RANCH ADVENTURE GETAWAY
» Enjoy an adventure getaway for 4 to Glen Rose, TX! Prize includes a 3-night stay at High Hope Ranch, a behind the scenes tour at Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, a park ranger adventure at Dinosaur Valley State Park, dinner for 4 at Inn on the River’s new restaurant, and a pizza meal at Blackie’s Bar and Grill.
» Drawing window: Monday, January 6, 2020 – Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.
» FMV (fair market value): $1,100
Prize: APPLE PRO PACKAGE
» Winner will receive an iPad Pro with sleek 11-inch display. Plus, the new AirPods Pro, with active noise cancellation, transparency mode, and an all new design.
» Drawing window: Monday, January 6, 2020 – Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 8pm
» FMV (fair market value): $1,048
Prize: “WAIT, WAIT… DON’T TELL ME” CHICAGO GETAWAY
» One winner will receive a pair of tickets to see a live taping of “Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me!” in Chicago at the Chase Bank Auditorium. Prize includes roundtrip airfare for 2 from DFW to Chicago and a 3-night hotel stay.
» Drawing window: Monday, January 6, 2020 – Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 9am
» FMV (fair market value): $2,000
Prize: CYCLING TOUR OF ITALY WITH EXPERIENCEPLUS! OF COLORADO
» Prize includes a trip for two (2) on a cycling tour of Italy with ExperiencePlus! of Colorado. The 8-day cycling tour is suitable for beginner cyclists, those traveling by bicycle for the first time, or multi-generational groups with plenty of opportunities to stop and enjoy the scenery. Prize includes roundtrip airfare for 2 from DFW, 7 nights accommodation; all breakfasts, 4 dinners, and 3 lunches. Learn more about ExperiencePlus! here.
» Drawing window: Monday, January 6, 2020 – ends at the successful conclusion of the Winter 2020 FM Member Campaign.
» FMV (fair market value): $6,000