KERA FM Membership Contest Rules
The 2019 FM Fall Membership Campaign is a wrap!
Thank you to all who donated or became a sustaining member during this pledge drive. You can view the drawing prizes and winners right here.
HOW TO ENTER
Becoming a member during the campaign automatically puts your name in the hat for the prizes (Note: Fall FM membership prize drawings are over). You can become a member online or call 888-694-6931.
- No purchase or other monetary consideration is necessary to enter or to win. A DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SEE RULE 3 TO FIND OUT HOW TO ENTER WITHOUT MAKING A CONTRIBUTION.
- Subject to the additional restrictions below, the drawings are open to legal residents of the 50 states of the U.S. (including the District of Columbia), who must be 18 or older. Employees and current Board of Directors of KERA/KXT/North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc., and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with the above, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
- How to Enter: One entry per person. Individuals who make a contribution by calling 888-694-6931, or making a contribution online, during the contest’s drawing windows, will automatically be entered into the drawing(s). Individuals can elect to enter the contest without making a contribution here and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions. Multiple contributions or entries will not increase one’s odds of winning.
- Winner Selection, Notification, Odds and Acceptance: Winners will be selected by random in drawings from among all eligible entries received. The winner will be notified at the telephone number or email address provided on the winner’s entry form. Winner’s failure to timely respond to notification, and/or the inability of KERA to reach a winner at the telephone or email address listed on his or her entry form may result in disqualification and selection of a substitute winner. The odds are determined by the number of entries received.
- Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including without limitation the Internet, and for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
- Winner may waive his or her right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. If the winner is not available to redeem the prize on the dates specified by KERA/KXT, he or she may be disqualified and would forfeit all interest in the prizes and a substitute winner may be selected by KERA/KXT in its sole discretion. If the winner chooses not to accept the prize it may result in the selection of a new winner. No substitutions allowed by Winner.
- Taxes and Fees: Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners are responsible for payment of all tax obligations. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided such as reservation fees, taxes, insurance and other expenses incurred by accepting the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of KERA/KXT. KERA/KXT reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this drawing(s) as solely determined by KERA/KXT. In the event the drawing(s) is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of KERA/KXT which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the drawing(s), KERA/KXT reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the drawing(s). Should the drawing(s) be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, KERA/KXT reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the problem began.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- KERA/KXT is the sponsor of the all drawings. KERA/KXT reserves the right to change, alter, add or update drawings at any time. The decisions of KERA/KXT regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the drawing(s) shall be final and binding in all respects. KERA/KXT will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the drawing(s).
- Prizes Description, Fair Market Value and Entry Deadlines: All entries must be received by the date and time listed to be considered for that drawing. KERA/KXT will not be responsible for incomplete, lost or late entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failure or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or KERA/KXT. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of KERA/KXT and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by KERA/KXT in its sole discretion, and KERA/KXT reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the drawing(s).
Prize: COFFEE WITH KERA AT HALF PRICE BOOKS
» 14 winners will be chosen hourly throughout the day. Each winner and 1 guest will be invited to enjoy coffee and desserts at a meet and greet + panel discussion with four KERA journalists at Half Price Books in Dallas. Each winner will also receive a $100 gift card to HPB, a HPB tote bag, and a handmade KERA Mug specially crafted by local artisan James Olney of Oak Cliff Pottery.
» Drawing window: Monday, September 30, 2019 – Wednesday, October 2, 2019 at 8:00 p.m.
» FMV (fair market value): $200 each prize
Prize: DALLAS SUMMER MUSICALS 2019-2020 SEASON TICKETS
» 2 winners will receive four (4) season tickets to Dallas Summer Musical’s 2019-2020 season including: “Dear Evan Hansen,” “Disney’s Frozen,” “Come from Away,” “Jesus Christ Superstar,” “The Band’s Visit,” “Cats,” and “Jimmy Buffet’s Escape to Margaritaville.” This prize includes tickets to the November 1, 2019 DSM Gala with special guest Kelli O’Hara.
» Drawing window: Monday, September 30, 2019 – Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 8:00 p.m.
» FMV (fair market value): $2,000 each prize
Prize: BBC NEWSHOUR HAPPY HOUR
» 5 winners will be chosen throughout the day. Each winner and 1 guest will be invited to an exclusive reception on Tuesday, October 15 with special guest Razia Iqbal (on-air host) from the BBC Newshour. Complimentary food and beverages included.
» Drawing window: Monday, September 30, 2019 – Friday, October 4, 2019 at 8:00 p.m.
» FMV (fair market value): $250 each prize
Prize: KXT TURNS 10
» 1 winners will receive four (4) KXT passes to the “KXT Turns 10” birthday concert featuring Grace Potter on Saturday, November 9 at The Rustic in Dallas. Passes include: early access to the venue, complimentary appetizers, 1 drink ticket per guest, exclusive KXT 91.7 merchandise, access to pop-up Spinster Record store, separate VIP entrance, private viewing area with optimal view of the stage, and access to a private cash bar.
» Drawing window: Monday, September 30, 2019 – Monday, October 7, 2019 at 12:00 a.m.
» FMV (fair market value): $360
Prize: DALLAS OPERA 2019-2020 SEASON TICKETS
» 1 winner will receive two (2) Orchestra Floor tickets (varies per show) to the opening night performance of each opera of the 2019-2020 Dallas Opera at Winspear Opera House. Includes: “The Magic Flute,” “The Golden Cockrel,” “Don Carlo,” “Pulcinella / La Voix Humaine,” and “The Barber of Saville”.
» Drawing window: Monday, September 30, 2019 – Monday, October 7, 2019 at 8:00 p.m.
» FMV (fair market value): $1,400
Prize: CAFÉ MOMENTUM SUNDAY SUPPER DINNER PARTY
» 14 winners will be chosen hourly throughout the day. Each winner and 1 guest will be invited to attend Café Momentum’s Sunday Supper Series on Sunday, November 17, 2019. Includes a 3-course meal, complimentary beer, wine, and bubbly, and a live musical performance by Carrie Rodriguez.
» Drawing window: Monday, September 30, 2019 – Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 8:00 p.m.
» FMV (fair market value): $200 each prize
Prize: TURTLE CREEK CHORALE SEASON TICKET PACKAGE
» 1 winner will receive two (2) exclusive Meet and Greet tickets to the Turtle Creek Chorale Rhapsody Gala featuring Idina Menzel on Saturday, February 22, 2020, and a one-night hotel stay at The Statler. Plus, prize includes a package of two (2) season tickets to Turtle Creek Chorale’s XL 2019/2020 season including: “40 years of Fa La La,” “Unbreakable,” “On This Shining Night,” and “Classic: The Songs That Made the TCC.”
» Drawing window: Monday, September 30, 2019 – Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 8:00 p.m.
» FMV (fair market value): $5,400
Prize: IPAD PRO
» 1 winner will receive a new iPad Pro w/ WiFi , 512 GB and sleek 11-inch display. Plus, includes the Apple Pencil and a Smart keyboard!
» Drawing window: Monday, September 30, 2019 – Friday, October 11, 2019 at 8:00 p.m.
» FMV (fair market value): $1,500
Prize: FINAL DRAWING: “HOLIDAY IN THE BIG APPLE”
» 1 winner will receive two tickets to the December 14, 2019 taping of “Live From Here” at the historic Town Hall in New York City, plus two tickets to winner’s choice of Broadway shows. Includes roundtrip airfare for two from DFW to NYC and a three-night hotel stay in Manhattan.
» Drawing window: Monday, September 30, 2019 – ends at the successful conclusion of the Fall 2019 FM Member Campaign.
» FMV (fair market value): $2,700