Happy Monday! Thanks for checking out Art&Seek’s weekly look back at the biggest and most important stories in the North Texas arts scene. If you or your friends want to know more about what’s happening in the North Texas arts world, check out our weekly newsletter. Click here to sign up.
A Quick Look At Art&Seek’s Reporting
- Every Thursday since 2016, Art&Seek has explored the personal journeys of a unique North Texas creative, and an amazing archive of our local artistic community has formed since then. Join the Art&Seek team in giving thanks to all of the artists who have participated and let us into their studios, performance spaces, homes, and given our listeners a peek into their creative world.
- The Dallas Symphony Orchestra named Kim Noltemy as their new president and CEO. She’ll be the first woman in that position. In this week’s State of the Arts discussion, Art&Seek’s Jerome Weeks speaks with Noltemy about her hopes and ambitions for the future of the Dallas Symphony.
- After a week at home surrounded by family, you’re probably ready to get out and get lost in an amazing story. Well, you’re in luck. “The Big Screen” team has prepared a preview of the best films coming out this holiday season. Click here to hear about which films have made the cut.
What Else You’ve Got To Know
- Tanju Tuzer, Founder Of Tuzer Ballet, Has Died (Art&Seek)
- Noted Cedars Neighborhood Glass Artist Jim Bowman Is Leaving Dallas (Dallas Morning News)
- The Texas Theatre’s New Plaque Is Good for Historical Accuracy, JFK Conspiracy Theories (D Magazine)
- Thea Temple, Long At The Heart Of Literary Dallas, Is Moving On — With A Few Parting Words (Dallas Morning News)
- Dallas Uptown Hotspot Idle Rich Pub Is Closing (Central Track)
- Dallas-Curated Photography Exhibition At Venice Biennale Will Land In Texas In 2018 (Dallas Morning News)
- Texas Commission on the Arts Taking Applications for its Touring Artists Roster (Glasstire)
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns (Art&Seek)
- Charles Winslow Jr., Noted Dallas Jazz Pianist, Dies At 61 (Dallas Morning News)
What We’re Reading
- 3 New Books You Need to Read (D Magazine)
- All this Dallas actress wants for Christmas is good barbecue and a frozen margarita (Culture Map)
- Celebrate the Life and Work of Harry Geffert in Dallas (Glasstire)
- Exit Interview: Sue Birch (Theater Jones)
- West Meets Zen at latest Sam Moon Family Business, the Renaissance Hotel in Legacy West (Dallas Observer)
- Ludwig Schwarz Exhibition at The Box Company Defies Characterization (Dallas Observer)
- The Messy Truth: John at Undermain Theatre (Arts+Culture)
- Razzle-Dazzle: DMA’s Asian Textiles Breaks Ground with Style (Arts+Culture)
What We’re Listening To
- Reveling in the Beauty of Emo-Rap (hyperallergic)
What We’re Looking At
- Public Art Display In Grand Prairie Provides Second Chances For Ex-Offenders (Dallas Morning News)
- Watch Three Subversive Comedies For Free Online (D Magazine)
A dive into the psyche of Charles Manson (Star-Telegram)
- Artist For Gender Equality (Artsy)
Photo Of The Week