The Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau will select one artist to create a piece that reflects the city and can be given to a small group of CVB customers who’ve brought large conventions and meetings to town. “The Dallas CVB Artist of the Year” will be chosen by CVB reps and a jury of arts professionals.
The winning artist’s piece will serve as the model for 25 individual pieces. Total budget for the project will be $15,000, and must include design, production and shipping. The artist retains copyright of the piece, which must be made in Dallas County. The piece can be a new creation, or an existing one.
Deadline to submit a piece for consideration is Jan. 15. And all 25 pieces will need to be complete by April 1.
There are lots of other details. Find em after the jump.
A CALL TO ARTISTS
Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau (DCVB) Artist of the Year
Sharing the message of Dallas through Art
Description of project:
• The Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau desires to provide custom, iconic DALLAS gifts to Key DCVB Customers created by members of the Dallas Arts Community
• The budget for 25 Key Customer DALLAS Gifts will be $15,000 to include design, production & shipping
• All Artists living in Dallas County are eligible to apply
Additional specifications include:
• Artwork created in Dallas County – must use local vendors to produce
• Artwork delivered to DCVB in final, finished form for judging
• Key Customer Gifts are all signed originals or signed & numbered reproductions
• Copyright & Prototype remains with Artist / DCVB does not require exclusivity for this purpose
• Artists can present either customizable artwork (i.e. a series of photographs) or single option(s)
• Artist responsible to pack and ship finished artwork to Key Customers (selected Artwork will be able to be shipped & insured at a reasonable cost)
Submission Deadline: Friday, January 15, 2015 @ 5pm
Submissions should be delivered to:
Jane R Robertson, Director of Cultural Tourism
Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau
325 N St Paul Street, Suite 700
Dallas, Texas 75201
jrobertson@DallasCVB.com / Office 214.571.1354
• Final, finished samples of proposed Key Customer Gifts
o An Artist may submit more than one option
• Artwork may have been newly created for this project or already in existence
o Disclosure – has the piece been sold commercially in the past and if so – at what price?
• Resume / Bio highlighting previous experience
Send Inquiries to: