Life in Deep Ellum, a faith-based community center in downtown Dallas, is looking for Dallas creatives to apply for their Umbrella Artist Grant. The $1,000 award will be given to a single artist in support of their practice to “honor the rich tradition of art in Dallas,” according to the organization.
If you’re interested in applying, make sure you’re within their eligibility requirements:
- Artist must live and work in Dallas, Texas.
- Each artist may make one application for up to $1,000 under this funding call.
- Proposals may request funds for expenses related to maintaining a creative practice. Examples of eligible expenses include: studio rental, material costs, production costs, equipment, travel related to research or exhibitions, etc.
- LIDE Employees, members the LIDE board of directors and family members of either aforementioned group may not apply.
- Artist must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
To apply, submit a PDF package of the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 12:
- A short description of the proposed use of funds, including any budget info (~300 words or less)
- Artist statement (~500 words or less)
- CV (2 pages max)
- 10 images of current artwork including title, date, media and dimensions. Please do not submit work older than 2 years.
Find more info here.