For the second year, Pop Culture Happy Hour and NPR Music have come up with their list of nominees for their pick for the Song of The Summer for 2019. You might want to listen to this podcast before you pack up for your next road trip.
It’s our second annual songs of summer spectacular! Every year we debate which hits might be remembered as “the song of the summer” — sometimes it’s a frothy pop song, or a star-packed hip-hop banger, or simply a song that gets played on the radio over and over again until we’re beaten into submission. This week we’re bringing in a revolving cast of my colleagues from NPR Music, each of whom will play us one song — one nominee to be the unofficial Song Of The Summer for 2019.
- Marissa picks “Now That I Found You” by Carly Rae Jepsen
- Ann picks “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X
- Sidney picks “Money Good” by Megan Thee Stallion
- Lars picks “Aute Cuture” by Rosalía
- Tom picks “Torched and Wrecked” by Third Coast Percussion
- Anastasia picks “Juice” by Lizzo
- Bobby picks “Toast” by Koffee
- Lyndsey picks “Bad Guy” by Billie Eilish
- Stephen picks “Glad He’s Gone” by Tove Lo
The audio was produced and edited by Jessica Reedy.